N.B. At the present time (with a few exceptions) the CUSTTAD TRAINING is only available to workers in SOUTH LANARKSHIRE
INTEREST and APTITUDE
SOME RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PROSPECTIVE TRAINEES
- Find out all you can about the approach on-line and if you know anyone who has trained or has had experience of the approach - ask them about it .
- Check out all the information that is available on the various Custtad web sites sites The main ones are at www.themakingofcusttad.com and www.custtad.com.
- Read BALANCING THE REQUEST TO BE GOOD to find out where the approach came from.
- Read MAKING CUSTTAD to get an idea of where it is now.
- Accept that for the duration of the course you will be expected to complete the assignments and practice sessions with a focused dedication and commitment.
Anyone who is interested in taking part in the TRAINING PROGRAM is advised to talk it over with their HEAD TEACHER or LINE MANAGER. This will be mentioned again but we believe that CUSTTAD works best when it is has unequivocal TOP DOWN SUPPORT.
A main consideration is whether, as your educational career unfolds, you will want to develop your skills and expertise in dealing with the family aspects of your work or if you are more interested in working with individual children. Of course one might choose to develop both but for the duration of the training - and later in relation to their school duties and responsibilities - the needs of the children with whom you are likely to meet will probably be best served by a worker who has a clear idea of their direction of travel.
A further consideration is the type and content of the course. The Training Program, which includes four practice sessions with a child, has a significant online component and employs only two face to face sessions with a Trainer.
- When you have found out all you can, ask yourself if this approach is the right one for you and if you will have the time and energy to do it well. The form below will provide you with the next step.
- N.B. Please include the name of your organisation and your place of work
SHORT LIST and INTERVIEW
Employing criteria that will include SOUTH LANARKSHIRE'S priorities for the use of CUSTTAD throughout the authority, a SHORT LIST of PROSPECTIVE TRAINEES will be drawn up. Those on the SHORT LIST will then meet for an interview/discussion in their own school with one of the CUSTTAD TRAINERS.
Accepted TRAINEES will be provided with the PASSWORD which is required to ACCESS the TRAINING PAGES.
To return to the HOME PAGE at CUSTTAD CENTRAL CLICK HERE